My little world of knitting, crocheting, and sewing craziness.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Scraptastic, or craptastic?

A little bird told me a certain favorite 6 year old girl of mine would love the colors I used for the sling yesterday. So I took the bit of fabric left over and attempted to design a bag. Considering how infrequently I work with fleece, and the fact that I made this up pretty much while it was being sewn, it came out ok. I think. It's ok if you don't agree. I do not live for your approval. I live for caffeine.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I did work on the sock a bit last night, but Her Royal Babyness did not wish to go to bed until 10 pm, so I didn't finish it. I turned the heel and started the gusset. It doesn't suck.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thanks to a crafty and resourceful friend, I learned that you can use these wipes containers to hold your yarn skeins. You could also order some specifically for doing this, but who wants to spend good yarn money on a container? Yeah, nobody. Now the star blankie is a much more portable project. My twisty little brain is already working on how to decorate the container and perhaps incorporate some kind of hook/needle holder to the outside of it...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: