My little world of knitting, crocheting, and sewing craziness.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

It's called the Craft Pit for a reason

So, I'm very fortunate to have this entire room for my crafty endeavors. I have storage, workspace, and most importantly, a place safe from little curious hands. I call it the Craft Pit.

Well, during the whole pregnancy and postpartum thing, the Pit got a little...cluttered. In a scary, scary way. I'm slowly recovering it to the beauty and efficiency it previously had.

This morning I was making some stitch markers, because I'm trying this new thing, you see. It's called - getting things done ahead of time. Amazing, really. Putting together a few sets a day and I have an inventory to work with, rather than staying up until 2 am twisting wires and trying to list auctions.

Well, an enameled handbag charm tried to make a break for it as I was putting it on the eyepin. Do you know how well a little enameled charm can hide in a cluttered room? Very, very well. I crawled, I dug, I poked, finally found the thing.

New goals for the upcoming week, work on clearing out the Craft Pit a bit each day, enough to be able to show off some pictures of it next weekend.

Oh, the baby socks, yeah, I'm ready to shape the toe on the first one. I find things like heel turning and toe shaping are best done when the children are in bed, since they involve using all of what remains in my brain power regarding counting and such.

An entry in a crafty blog looks nekkid with no picture, so here is the wee hippy girl in her new sling yesterday at the park. Yes, she is wearing a tiedyed dress. She is also a little mad that I took her paci out for this photo.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

Lisa said...

She is too gorgeous, scrunchy mad face and all.

Emily said...

She is so beautiful!