My little world of knitting, crocheting, and sewing craziness.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

It was an accident, I swear

How does a yarn tote become full of WIPs? This is how.

I started my basket weave baby bib, just like I promised. See?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then it got late, my arm was tired and sore from having blood drawn earlier that day, and the next best thing to knitting is playing in your stash, right? I decided to dig through my big bag of partial skeins, knowing I had a couple of 1/2 skeins of Cotton Tots to try out these baby socks. I have sworn off socks, but everyone promises they are so easy, and they are pretty cute. So into the bag goes the Cotton Tots and sock pattern.

While digging, I came across the very beginning of another star blankie I had done while my sister was visiting. Rounds 2 & 3 on that thing can be confusing, so I did a crochet along with her to get her started. Well, those blankets are addicting. So into the bag went the new star blanket.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Also in the bag are the balls of yarn for my eggplant hat/mittens set, and a couple of balls of variegated cotton for some bibs that my brain is writing the patterns for while I sleep.

We'll not even discuss the stitch marker mishap, wherein my bead board, fully loaded, went flying this morning. I have a lot of sorting out to do there.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

For as long as it is taking me to finish my first star blanket, I am already planning others.

I love that basket weave pattern, I may have to try it for the nephew.

Anonymous said...

Oh I SO feel your pain on the beads. I once dropped an entire storage container of beads on the hardwood floors, which were old and had lots and lots of nifty little grooves between each board. There were still little seed beads in the cracks when we moved out because I eventually gave up on harvesting them all.

Good luck sorting them all out. You've been rocking along, so keep up with that momentum!