My little world of knitting, crocheting, and sewing craziness.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Let's talk about hooks

Why? It's my damn blog, and I want to talk about hooks. Go away if you don't like it.

Which kind do you prefer? I love the type on the left, I think that is a Bates. The one on the right is really hard for me to work with for some reason. I even like that they are aluminum, the one bamboo hook I have feels so light I can't keep my gauge right.

I am blaming my non-start of the eggplant hat/mitt set on the fact that it wants a G hook, and my G hook in the style I like is too small (4mm) and the larger G hook (4.25mm) is in the icky style I don't want to use. Now what?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yeah, that was thrilling, wasn't it? Well, sock #2 is sitting here while I decide to either frog it all or try to get back to before picking up around the heel, because why? Because I am an idiot, and started the toe shaping when I should have been doing the gusset. Durrr. The knit bib that turned crochet still hasn't figured out exactly where it wants to go now, so it is also waiting.

The butterfly fabric is now a lovely butterfly tube sling. It was my first time sewing a knit fabric like that. Kind of fun. Kind of not fun.

The star blanket is coming along nicely, but I'm not ready to settle down on the couch with it just yet.

1 comment:

Kate Jones said...

I've been visiting both of your blogs and enjoying reading about your projects! What a beautiful baby you have - very pretty in those hats. I like the opposite kind of hook...funny how that goes. I'm planning on making your alien washcloth soon...not sure which version! Nice to meet you!