My little world of knitting, crocheting, and sewing craziness.

Monday, March 14, 2005

A very froggy day.

Yesterday was one of those days where nothing worked right. Nothing. I did finish the knitting part of the sunsuit, but after all the yarn joins and before weaving in ends, the thing looks like one of those "non-violent" pinatas. I am not dealing with that right now. It also needs snaps sewn into the crotch. I am on lookout for a sewing mood to hit, and then I can finish that thing once and for all.

I tried to knit this cool flower dishcloth that is done in the round from the center outward - after finally getting the cast on to work, I lost a couple of stitches somewhere around row #17. Frog.

Tried to make a simple roll-brim hat for the baby, and mystery stitches appeared just before I was going to decrease for the crown. Perhaps they were the missing dishcloth stitches. Frog.

Those adorable book thongs on crochetme.com? That should be easy enough, right? No, no, no. I couldn't get the tension right to even chain the 150 to start that thing. Frog.

Oh, well. I made some excellent chocolate chip cookies and got my hospital bag packed (except for a baby hat, of course). Today things will work out better, right? Right.

No comments: