My little world of knitting, crocheting, and sewing craziness.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

All this crochet

Is taking over the knitting blog, isn't it? I have been knitting, the crochet projects just finish in no time. My mom taught me crochet some 30 years ago and I'm rediscovering it.

I did do this little hat to go with the sweater and socks made a week or two ago. Thinking about doing some pants to add to the set as well. The sweater is made from this pattern, the socks and hat were just made up as I went along.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now, even if this baby really is a girl (we'll just see), the climate here doesn't really call for sweater sets. I think it is time to start a drawer full of ready to wrap gifts!

Yesterday I crocheted this fish. As you can see, my technique is far from perfect, but it is fun. It has no eye, because in my world crocheted fish have no eyes.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Making some more hook and needle cases today, and those balls? They felted but won't dry. Maybe tomorrow they will be ready to stuff and finish.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love the fish, nice job. Now you must stop tempting me with these things!

The sweater set is absolutely adorable.