My little world of knitting, crocheting, and sewing craziness.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Finishing day

A morning of sewing seams and weaving in ends. How thrilling is that stuff? Yeah, not very. Getting these projects out of the knitting tote leaves room for new ones, though, and that is always a good thing. Maybe tonight the sunsuit will actually progress to the finishing point. Anything is possible.

I finally worked out the bottoms of the legs for these little baby pants - the pattern stops after four rows of ribbing, I'm guessing it was supposed to go all the way around. Cute little pants, and very easy to make. They are going with the sweater set previously posted. Is it a big fashion faux pas for the baby to wear a knit sweater with crocheted pants? Ah well.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Another pattern that gave me fits was this lovely chicken. The feet made no sense to me so we have a little improvised nest-ish thing on the bottom here. Just squint and use your imagination, that's a nest. Trust me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tomorrow celebrates six years of wedded bliss here in the Box household. In my current condition it is about all I can do to tolerate any other human, much less one of those male types. So for his gift, I just went all out and knit up a willie warmer. I did not follow the part where it gives directions for the guy actually wearing this. That would really put me over the edge.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Extremely silly, but look what we're working with here.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

The willie warmer is a work of art Box. lol

The chicken turned out pretty well, nice work. I am LOVING those little pants, can't wait to try them.

Spinsanity said...

Awww, you chickened out on the chicken legs. Now I really want to give it a try. ;-)