My little world of knitting, crocheting, and sewing craziness.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Today I am a triple threat

This is the pile of sewing. Ok, to be specific, this is the pile of needle cases that are cut, but not sewn yet. The sewing has to happen while the big kids are up and the baby is asleep, never mind about all that other household stuff that has to be done somehow. If you think this looks scary, pretend we don't have a basket of fabric still waiting to be cut.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

These are sewn, but need to have their seams pressed and be prepped for topstitching and pocket creation. That prep work can be done while everyone is asleep. Well, I don't iron while I am asleep, but everyone else is asleep. Ideally this pile will be much larger than the first pile by late this afternoon.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That lovely star blanket I did in the yellow/blue and white? My spousal unit stole it for a baby gift to a co-worker. Which is fine, because I got to start a red/white/black one. This is either going to be really cool, or really fugly. Yes, it is all curled up and stuff in the picture. Look above, do I have time to be posing my wips all that carefully? Nay.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Baby sweater is coming along, I think. I keep forgetting which set of measurements I am going by, so I have no idea what size it might end up being. This is a fun pattern but I am never using Jiffy again after it is finished.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

When I can't stand working on either of those but my hands still want to knit, what happens? Cast on time! This will be a doll size version of the above sweater.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now I must chain myself to the sewing machine for a bit.

No comments: