My little world of knitting, crocheting, and sewing craziness.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

How I spent my summer vacation

Or what passed for vacation, anyway. The needle cases are done. They are so out of here. I ended up with about half of them that I felt were craft fair worthy, the rest I am keeping, giving away, or selling at low, low 'factory seconds' prices. I am really glad to see the end of this project.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Got a little further on the red/white/black star blanket. I've mostly been crocheting at night while watching TV, and the black is hard to see. I'm staring at it wondering if it should just have black and white stripes, or maybe some more red? I don't know.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the asymmetrical baby sweater, extra asymmetrical! Yes, I bound off one side too soon. Now, I could pick up those stitches and salvage this, but you know what? I don't want to. I hate Jiffy. Hate it. Goodbye, bad sweater. I did learn buttonholes and casting at the end/beginning of rows, so all was not lost. Here is the stupid thing.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hopefully I will learn from my mistakes above and this doll sized one will turn out well. It's ok so far, except doing the math to scale it down sometimes makes my brain spin.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Finally, one more star blanket. This one is for a baby girl, and I am really loving the variegated center here. It will have a few more rows each of pink and purple and be done.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's enough for now. I'm taking these needle cases to the post office, chortling with glee the entire way.

No comments: