My little world of knitting, crocheting, and sewing craziness.

Monday, April 25, 2005

I don't recommend it

But one way to knock out some WIPs is spending a few days at the hospital.

Last Thursday we took the baby in for her 2 week checkup, and she had lost too much weight without gaining it back. The next thing I know, I'm tossing my yarn tote and a book in the car and we are off to the hospital. After many tests and many, many long hours they decided her problem was not eating enough. Hooray for modern medicine, huh?

So, all of this stuff was lounging in the work bag, and is now finished. I can't say it all came out that great, but it came out and it passed the time.

This Perky Puffs hat - it is still a cute hat but it looks not much like the picture that goes with the pattern. I'm ok with that. Apparently I am a small crocheter, everything comes out tinier than planned. Yeah, swatch. I know.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This cute little hat does fit the baby, but she is a very unwilling model, so use your imagination. I made it in blue because white would have looked like a chef's hat, and I would have had an overwhelming compulsion to speak to her in Swedish Chef-ese at all times. That would probably be quite detrimental to her development, nay? Bork bork.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A child's cowboy hat that almost fits my adult mannequin head, but is too small for my 3 year old. Not entirely sure what to make of that.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Finally, got the strap on the sling. It seems short to me, but I can't really tell until the baby is big enough to sit in it. Adding some length wouldn't be too difficult anyway.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The astute reader will note that there are no legwarmers in this finished object fest. I did work on them. My newest plan of attack is knitting them on straight needles, which I find relaxing and easier to interrupt than doing them on dpns. They are the only project underway right now and they will get finished. Right? Right.

If only my newest crochet book hadn't arrived...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you and baby are home safe and sound. Tell her no more stunts like that just to get you to finish your projects. ;)